I have come a long way from deciding to buy a basic set of makeup to now: what started from a powder, a BB cream, concealer, blush, brow gel, mascara, and a single lipstick, my makeup bag has housed so many other things that I shall enumerate in this post, to the point that I already have more than one makeup bag and more than enough makeup for someone always going for the “just-put-together-and-not-really-glam” makeup look. I’ve also given and thrown away a lot of my makeup at this point. Also, there’s gonna be a separate post for my lipsticks since there’s a lot.
(Really, it’s easier to just film a vlog about this but I really can’t take a video of myself and I can’t edit videos to save my life. Besides, I’m more of a type and write kind of girl, that’s why I bought a blog. The products I can find are linked throughout the post 🙂 )
1. Primer – I have four, if you count my sunscreens. I use the Biore Face Milk as my everyday sunscreen for the face, and the Biore Watery Gel as my everyday sunscreen for the neck (I am weird like that, and also I don’t like the feeling of the Watery Gel on my face). The actual face primer that I have been using is the Maybelline Face Studio Master Prime Blur + Smooth , which was given to me by a friend because it didn’t work for her but works well enough for me. I also recently bought a primer from Mumuso which I love as it actually works as a base as well and covers my gigantic pores, so it’s now what I use everyday.
2. Base – before I use a BB cream for my face, until I discovered the wonders of using the cushion foundation. It’s so easy to use and it’s not messy, as I don’t like getting things on my hands, plus it’s easy to take anywhere. I have the long lasting cushion foundation from The Face Shop, since I always get it for the buy one get one promo HAHA but I really love this cushion foundation. I’m including the concealer here since I only have one, the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, though to be honest, I only use this on special events as I only use powder everyday. #confidence
3. Powder – I used to always use the peach cotton powder from Skinfood since my face with my old cushion foundation was always shiny (since I bought it in Korea and they’re a fan of the dewy look). I use this for my neck instead and when I’m setting my lipstick. Then I used the pocket sized Clear Smooth Powder Foundation from Maybelline, then for a long time the No Sebum Mineral Pact from Innisfree. Nowadays I use the oil control loose setting powder (or this is probably the powder foundation; I suck at knowing the difference) from Mumuso along with the primer, since I like the finish of it together on my face.
4. Brow pencil – I have the one from The Face Shop but I use the one gifted to me which is from Etude House. I don’t really have an attachment with either of these since both look too dark on my thick and bushy eyebrows and since I always have my brows threaded, I find that I can survive with using a brow mascara instead.
5. Brow mascara – I have two: one from Sephora gifted to me again, which I don’t use a lot anymore since I had my hair colored and now it doesn’t match (which is a shame since I really love this) and one from BYS (I have the one in Caramel), which is a match for my current hair color but it sucks since it doesn’t stick around for too long.
6. Eyeshadow – I have the BYS Nude 3 Eyeshadow Palette (an impulse buy for the office party last 2016) which I rarely use because I don’t really do eye makeup, and two single Nyx eyeshadows given to me which is Laurel Canyon (a dark, matte violet shadow that I also don’t use) and Beverly Hills (a pastel and glittery yellow, for highlighting, which I use when I’m in the mood to put a little bit of sparkle). I also have another eyeshadow palette from Careline, the pocket palette in Daydream (which is another impulse buy at a drugstore because I needed one for an event) which I use sometimes, and another small purple palette that I don’t ever remember how I got, so it’s probably not mine HAHA I almost forgot, I also have one from 16 brand.
7. Eyeliner – So I have a liquid eyeliner from Miniso (a cheap one for practice) and one from Careline, which is just a funny impulse buy that I actually really love using. I’m eyeing to buy the one from Club Clio when I get my salary and when I’m already a pro. I also have a brown pencil eyeliner from Ever Bilena for my waterline. (NB: I don’t like the eye products from Ever Bilena)
8. Mascara – I don’t hoard mascaras HAHA and I have been using Maybelline Hyper Curl for the longest time until I discovered their Lash Sensational and I have been converted. So I only have one. Also planning to buy a clear mascara hahaha since the one from ELF that I have been previously using already went bad
9. Blush – I only have one powder blush, which is the Nichido blush in peach glow. I have a lot of tints and I prefer using these over the powder blush. My tints: Watery Tint from The Face Shop in Rose Pink and Orange Scene, Lip and Cheek Stain from Skin Genie in Creamy Peach (the cheapest and probably my most favorite one in the bunch), Lip and Cheek Mousse from Happy Skin in Fall In Love (the exact shade isn’t in their site anymore), and the Dear Darling Water Tint from Etude House which was gifted to me as well. Yes,the other ones I bought (OMG)
Here’s a short time lapse of me doing my basic everyday makeup. Products used are the primer and powder from Mumuso, the BYS brow mascara, the Lash Sensational mascara, the cheek mousse from Happy Skin, and a Sunniesface lipstick in Milkshake. (I suck at time lapse HAHAHA the products mentioned don’t even last a second so you probably won’t be able to read 😅)
Usually this suffices for my everyday look and I can do this in around 5 minutes or so, but sometimes I put on the cushion foundation, shape my brows, maybe apply a little bit of eyeshadow and use the liquid eyeliner when I’m feeling a little extra. 🙂 here’s to all the makeup junkies like me! #
Love, Lady 💛